Sunday, May 29, 2011

VERY Busy Week

...for me, anyway.


Last week I attended the Book Expo of America, which is at the Javitz Center in NYC, and met with my editors at Ulysses Press, who fly in from California for the event. It's the largest, most
important gathering of the publishing industry in the world, though it has some good competition with the Frankfurt Book Fair and the London Book Fair. Anyway, Keith at Ulysses said that sales of book 4 were looking good and I should send in book 5, which I did. Ulysses has right of first refusal, a standard in publishing contracts that means that they have first crack at deciding whether or not to buy the next book I decide to publish. Technically the contract says they only get 30 days to decide, but that's not something we sweat over. So keep buying, guys, and hopefully there'll be a book 5 out next year!

As for the eReader editions, they should be available on all formats. If you find a format it's not available on, email me or leave a comment here and I will contact Keith. I know as of the BEA it wasn't available on Nook, but he said they would get that straightened out as soon as possible.

Otherwise things have actually been going slowly outside of work (at my part-time job and promoting book 4) due to some weird, prolonged sore throat. I have gotten a lot of Lovecraft done, as I'm currently going through his entire collection of writing, because a lot of it is available on audio book and I've been listening to it in bed. If you're going to listen to Lovecraft, do it on audio book. Trust me, it's worth it.

No comments: