Sunday, April 17, 2011

Pre-Passover Post

So the main thing about this post is that it's scheduled; I'm actually writing it now and it's Thursday and will be posted by blogger on Sunday. I'm away this weekend at a gaming convention, after which I'm going right back to New Jersey to help out with getting ready for Pesach (Passover) which starts on Monday night. We were hoping maybe I would get a review or author copy of book 4 by now so Mom could read it during Pesach, but alas, it is seemingly not to be (though I haven't been in a Barnes and Noble lately and they do put stuff out early).

I also finished a 67,000-word book that I unintentionally wrote. See, I write a lot. Sometimes I sit down and say "I want to write a novel to be published" but most of the time I'm just writing whatever it is that I happen to want to write, which in this case is fanfic for something that is NOT in public domain (unlike Jane Austen) and therefore cannot be published no matter how good/bad it is. But if I want to write something, I just get really frustrated until I write it. I want to say this is the ONLY novel-length Metalocalypse I've written in the past 6 months, but there are kinda four of them. Hopefully this will be the last and my attentions will turn to writing short stories to go with book 4's release, then revising Towerland while working on my non-fiction business guide to the Mishnah.

And when I'm done with all that, I can finally play Fallout 3: New Vegas. I've had it since Brandy gave it to me for Hannukah, but I just know that if I start playing it I will drop off the face of the earth for a solid month and get nothing else done. So on my shelf it sits.

Happy Pesach and Happy Easter. Also, when the hell is Easter?

No comments: