Thursday, February 20, 2014

I Write (Other Things)

First, go enter this contest. Seriously. Why haven't you done it yet, just for the amusement of having me try to act on camera? Just for that?

I do other writing. Sci-fi/fantasy is my first love, though I've been recently getting into horror. Today I got my author copies of King David and the Spiders from Mars, which contains a short story I wrote under my real name!


It's a short story (about 13,000 words if I remember correctly) concerning a rabbi who runs into ancient creatures who secretly rule an evil town in Massachusetts. It's heavily based on H.P. Lovecraft's Shadow over Innsmouth, which is one of my favorite Lovecraft stories. Since it had a Jewish spin, it qualified for the anthology.



I wasn't totally silly in my author bio. Not as silly as I could have been.


But I'm still proud of it!

You can buy the book here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

of course, you could also mention that you are doing a reading on March 10 and that everyone should come out and buy the book.

Marsha Altman said...

That's a great idea, guy who is probably Tim!